Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Good Doctors Learn From Their Patients

Just as all good teachers learn from their students, all good doctors learn from their patients. I am forever grateful for all that I learn from my patients. They teach us far more than we often give to them. This might mean learning what we can give and what is too much for the patient to process. Our bodies, mind and emotions, can only process so much, especially if we already have a lot going on in our lives. This might apply to how many acupuncture needles, or herbs I choose to use, or new information to convey. I have learned over the years, less is often more. I think my patients who have been with me, know I can deliver the "QI". I am passionate about what I do, blending that with humility compassion and wisdom is where true healing begins. Whether we are the recipient or the giver, we each grow.