Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Excellent Ultrasound and Good Heartbeat of Fetus at 12 weeks. A Big Stepping Stone to Cross.

A sigh of relief at 12 weeks with a good Ultrasound and Heartbeat to confirm.  Getting through this first trimester is a big hurdle to cross for couples.  Miscarriage from this point on is less likely to occur.  
Always a delight to have my patients share their story.  Thank you!  

My fertility story: After a blighted ovum miscarriage, I went through a year of fertility treatments including Clomid and multiple IUIs - and nothing was working - I was not even able to ovulate on my own. I decided to try something different, and that is when I found Carolyn Huffman. She was so kind from the very beginning and the acupuncture and herbs helped to balance my body from any adverse effects of the fertility drugs. She mentioned they also could have helped while I was taking the fertility treatments if I had chosen to continue that course. What impressed me the most is how much she cared, and how she made me feel like I wasn't broken - like there was hope for me to conceive. I started taking the recommended herbs, incorporating more of the Paleo diet, and going to see her every few days. I was able to ovulate on my own the very first month of acupunture. The very next month, I had a positive pregnancy test! I am now into my second trimester. I am so very thankful that I found Ms. Huffman. I would recommend her to anyone!