Monday, July 27, 2009

Gonal F Meds @ a Reduced Rate

One of my dear patients asked me the following; so any of you looking for gonal F meds, at a reduced rate, let me know or Janice. Thanks, below is her e-mail to me. Good Luck and I hope someone out there on the web will benefit from her meds at such a reduced rate!!!
Hi Carolyn,
How are you? We are doing well. I am about 22 weeks now and progressing along fine, definitely getting bigger and I am feeling the baby moving on a daily basis now which is makes it all a little more real. I am usually exhausted at night and my feet are beginning to get a bit sore, and the nausea seems to be less now, although I am still taking the Zofran as needed but trying to get through the day without it.
I have a question for you. I have 25 syringes of Gonal-F Rff 75 iu left over from our IUI treatments. The expiration date on them is Apr 2010, so I won't be able to use them in time, but I was wondering if you know of anyone else who might be able to? I know I could donate them to my Dr's office to give to patients, but I would like to try to sell them to someone to see if we can get our money back. The cost of the medication without insurance was $2748.50 ($109.94/syringe), but luckily, our insurance had only a 30% co-pay, so we ended up paying approximately $824.55. I am trying to find someone who doesn't have RX coverage for these kinds of meds to sell them to since it would be a great savings to them and we could get our money back from what we paid (I don't want to make anything, just cover what we paid) and then I will put that money towards this baby's cord blood banking. I thought I would contact you to see if you might know of anyone or if there was anyone you might be treating who could benefit from this...I don't know anyone else who is going through fertility treatment at the moment.
Anyways, if you can think of anyone, let me know.
I hope all is well with you and you are enjoying your summer. I will keep you posted on any baby updates. My next appointment is Fri the 31st....just a general check up, no ultrasound.
Hugs,
Janice & Kaitlyn too :o)
By the way, the website and blog look great. It has been a while since I was on it and you have done a lot of changes. I was especially touched to see a bit of our story posted and in reading your little note you posted way back in February. That was the first I had seen of it and was very touched by your thoughtfulness....it brought tears to my eyes! You are such a wonderful and caring person Carolyn and you just put so much of your self into all of us you treat and get to know so personally. You truly are one of a kind!
xo,
Janice